Great Progress with Community Led Plan
Sockbridge and Tirril Community
32 people met on Saturday 19th October in the Village Hall to hear about the great progress made in carrying out the Actions in the Community Led Plan since its Launch last February. They saw an exhibition of work done so far, discussed it with the volunteers who are carrying it out, and enjoyed delicious refreshments.
They heard about:
- A colourful Heritage Trail of the village, published at the 300th anniversary of the Queen’s Head, available at the pub and Penrith Tourist Information Centre.
- The Parish Directory, about to be published, full of essential information for people in the Parish,
- Updated website, and informative social event page,
- A permissive footpath from Highfield to Celleron, with the kind permission of Lowther Estates. It will link two existing footpaths, and running partly along Lady Beck, it will include planting trees and re-instating hedges.
- A Heritage Board showing a map and information about the Parish, near the Quaker House, and planned heritage displays in the Village Hall.
- 3 Litter-picks, to make Sockbridge & Tirril a litter-free zone,
People gave their opinions of the design of the heritage board, and the contents of the Parish Directory. Many people volunteered to help with new actions.
Find Sockbridge and Tirril Community
Tirril Village Hall, Tirril, Penrith, Cumbria